These are challenging times for any business to prosper for its core audience. Corporations face hard choices in the coming years with the global supply chain in a tight balance and the constantly shifting geopolitical situation. The stress is more extensive for SMBs that don’t have a substantial capital backup to survive massive losses.
However, there are a few promising options outside the conventional expansion means. Those who start franchises in the Middle East have gained valuable insights and opportunities, especially after various reforms by the local governments to invite more foreign investment. Still, finding the right franchisees can be challenging, especially when you’re unfamiliar with the local culture and vocabulary.
Therefore, if you’re looking for how to find suitable franchisees within the region, this is just the guide for you. We’ll focus on what criteria you should focus on and the proven process to deliver results within a reasonable timeframe.
It has been a few years since countries like the UAE and Saudi Arabia became more liberal regarding foreign businesses. Nevertheless, several industries can thrive by launching franchises in the Middle East. A few notable ones include the following.
- Food and Beverage: No matter the location, good food is always welcome by all cultures. Whether you wish to target 9-to-5 workers or have plans to set up an exotic restaurant, a franchise within the Middle East can prove quite profitable.
- Healthcare Products: Another evergreen industry is healthcare products. An excellent idea is setting up franchises to study the local flora for medical benefits and introducing them to the UK and other locations in the West.
- Career Development and Soft Skills Training: Most youngsters within the Middle East rarely get the opportunity to study Western languages or develop the relevant skill set for the digital age. By introducing outlets that make that accessible and affordable, you can yield massive profits for your franchises.
- Digital Logistics: Countries in the Middle East have strategic ports to North Africa and the rest of Asia. Initiatives to make logistics more efficient through digital means hold plenty of promise.
- Sanitisation and Cleaning: Setting up a long-term sanitation and cleaning infrastructure in the desert is challenging. If you have innovations that help provide solutions for them, then you can have a bright future through franchises in the region.
While it’s up to the business to appoint the desired franchisee to handle the business, it’s best to pay attention to specific criteria. It would help to look for the following qualities for franchisees’ assistance support in the Middle East.
- A well-documented resume with proven experience in the industry.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to handle negotiations and appropriate taxes
- Knowledge about the local legislation and a knack for dispute resolutions
To locate suitable franchisees within the country of your choice, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Create a detailed franchise agreement conveying all the enterprise’s essential information.
- Study the applicable laws of the land and related restrictions. You may need to modify the proposal’s language to Arabic for proper registration.
- Schedule a meeting with promising candidates and utilise a reliable third-party service to verify their credentials.
- Gain valuable insights about the audience and determine whether the franchisees may require training or additional resources.
- Register your business within the country and fulfil all legal obligations.
- Initiate the process of setting up a franchise and grant adequate rights to the franchisee.
If you’re willing to start franchises in the Middle East, The One World is the ideal choice to connect you with potential franchises and investors. The One World can also assist with fundraising for your expansion plans in the Middle East. Our staff has extensive experience helping businesses all over the UK gain traction and reach unprecedented growth. We can also offer franchisee assistance support for locating professionals that can yield lasting benefits for your organisation.