Frequently Asked


Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I incorporate/register a company on my own? 

Yes, you absolutely can. A team of specialists is not required to help you incorporate or register a new business.

What do you need to do to get your company registered?

To register your business, you must complete the following steps and submit the following information to Companies House:

- Check your company name is available

- Choose a company structure

- Have a registered business address

- All the information of shareholders, investors and or directors involved in your company

- What shares do you have, and how they are allocated between the shareholders

- Complete the Memorandum and Articles of Association

What happens after your company is registered?

Once registered, you will have to wait for Companies House approval. This will usually be by letter or email within 2-10 working days. Once approved, you will receive your essential documentation. These are:

- Certificate of incorporation

- memorandum and articles of association

- Share certificates

- Membership certificates (with limited companies)

Your Certificate of Incorporation includes your unique 8-digit Company Registration Number (CRN). You can also locate it on any official Companies House papers you receive and on the public register online by using the Companies House tool to search your company name.

What details are required to set up a limited company?

When setting up a limited company, you need to send the required details to Companies House when you register, and they are listed below:

- Name of the company

- Company address

- Directors' details such as name, date of birth and so on

- Shareholder/s information such as name, number of shares and so on

- Secretary details (not compulsory)

You will be able to see all the exact questions and details you have to fill out on the website. There are more things Companies House may ask for depending on your company structure.

How long does it take to form a company?

When you register your company with Companies House and have given them all the details they need, it takes 15 hours to process the formation if done online, but it can take up to 10 days if registered by post. This can depend on how busy Companies House is at that time.

Do I have to be a UK resident to form a company?

The simple answer is no. For non-UK residents, the business registration process is the same for UK citizens living in the UK. You do not have to live in the United Kingdom to become a company director, shareholder, or company secretary in a UK company.

How much will it cost to form a company?

Depending on the sort of business you're forming, and whether you register online or by mail, you can pay as little as £10 to register with Companies House. However, registering a business using Formation agents may save you money. More importantly, you will receive additional help in completing the application and acquiring any extra services you may require. Because every business registration is different, researching your cost is critical to ensuring you have the money to register.

You can visit the to see all the Companies House registration fees.

Why does my company have to be registered with Companies House?

It is a legal requirement for all start-ups to register with Companies House. Only those who intend to function as a corporation must register with Companies House. Companies House keep and publish your company records for the government to know which businesses are running in the UK. The government may also monitor UK enterprises and acquire information on the present status of markets and the economy in general by keeping records. Companies House can look up what types of businesses are operating, what industries they are in, who the directors are, etc.

What happens if Companies House rejects my application?

If your registration documents do not match the requirements of Companies House, they will return your application for revision and correction. You may want to look into hiring a business concierge service or lawyer to look at the documents you sent off to make sure everything is okay.

When can I start trading through my new company?

As soon as you receive notification from Companies House that your application has been approved, you can begin trading through your new business. If you are to start trading right away and your company is considered "active," you must file for corporate taxes with HMRC within three months. You must notify HMRC that your company is dormant if you do not intend to trade until a later stage. When you're ready to start trading, you'll have to register for Corporation Tax.

Is it better to set up a company through a formation agent or by myself?

Setting up a company through a formation agent is significantly more efficient and straightforward. They will be able to help you with the registration and give you advice, unlike doing it alone, where you may not know the correct information, which could slow the process down. Formation agents will also offer benefits like a registered address you can use if you do not have an address or do not want to use your personal one.

For setting up a subsidiary in the UK

How do I set up a subsidiary in the UK?

Setting up a subsidiary company within the UK can be a complex process, and there are specific steps you need to take:

  1. Decide on your official company name
  2. Find a registered address
  3. Verify your Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities (SIC)
  4. Create a Person with Significant Control (PSC) registry with information on the shareholders who are Individuals of Significant Control, and keep it up to date yearly.
  5.  Register for VAT
  6.  Register for PAYE
  7. You must pick a plan with a minimum of £5,000,000 for your employer's liability insurance.

How much does it cost to start a subsidiary in the UK?

The price varies depending on whether your subsidiary is a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), a sole trader, or another organisation. The cost of registering with Companies House, like creating a parent company, can be as little as £10. To find out how much it costs, go to the Companies House fees page on the website.


Do Subsidiary companies pay tax in the UK?

A UK subsidiary is subject to UK corporation tax. This is because a UK subsidiary is a different legal entity from the parent company.


Who can help me to set up a subsidiary in the UK?

Like setting up any company, you can get help through a business concierge service. They will be able to give you the advice and support you need with the costs and time-consuming tasks of opening a company. Formation agencies will also be able to help with some elements like registering your company through Companies House for you.


How Easy is it to Set Up a Subsidiary Company?

It is pretty simple to set up a subsidiary when registering a business with Companies House. You should complete the form as you would any other registration. At least one named director is required for a UK subsidiary. It must also have a registered office address and the director's residential and service addresses, albeit only the service address will be publicly shown. You must also designate another person and company as a stakeholder in the subsidiary, i.e. your parent company.


Is a wholly-owned subsidiary a separate legal entity in the UK?

A subsidiary is a separate legal entity for taxation, regulation, and liability. Parent firms can benefit from owning subsidiaries. The parent company can hold all the shares, and despite this, a subsidiary is still a separate legal entity, a corporation with its own rules and management.


I don't live in the UK, Can I still set up a new company?

Yes, anyone from any country can start a business in the United Kingdom. You don't need to be a  resident or even live there. The only requirement is that the company be registered to an address in the United Kingdom. You can quickly obtain an address in the United Kingdom to register with Companies House. This can be your own, a serviced office or a virtual office address.


What does a representative of an overseas business do?

On a global business mobility visa, a representative who is a senior employee of an overseas company will be allowed access to the UK and establish and operate a UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of the parent company. They will help run and manage the UK branch or subsidiary and monitor its day-to-day operations.  


For Business Concierge Services :

What are corporate concierge services?

A corporate concierge handles the needs of business clients. They typically assist employees, managers, and executives in obtaining services for business operations. Having a concierge service like The One World to take care of many parts of the transfer and launching of your business in a new country is a crucial goal when bringing your company over. They will be able to assist you with complex tasks such as opening a business bank account, deciding where to reside and where to place your company's properties, where to recruit experienced staff, brand registration, appointing accountants and lawyers, and more. These are critical measures in safely and effectively establishing your business in the United Kingdom. There will also be there to help with smaller tasks when your company becomes active. Tasks like administrative help, connectivity, the availability of a conference room or meeting areas, travel arrangements, help with applications, providing translators, and more. Freeing up your time to concentrate on the tasks you deem important to conduct on your own.

Should businesses consider corporate concierge?

Running your business can be very stressful and time-consuming. Some of the tasks may be pushed aside to concentrate on the more important ones. Allowing someone else within the service to handle all of the daunting duties and administrative responsibilities will allow you to focus on the main aspects of running your company. Time can be wasted during the day from personal errands and unforeseen hurdles, which wastes money within your company. Your workers have a lot on their minds from work to personal responsibilities. Daily duties might be a source of distraction for your staff. They value having a sense of balance between work and personal life. The one World can provide a superior work/life balance advantage to your workers, executives, chosen clients, customers, and members. Our services are an excellent extension of your business through our vast range of concierge and support choices.

What does a The One World do?

Below is a quick look at some of the main points that a corporate concierge service provides:

  • Company incorporation
  • Hiring employees
  • Opening business bank accounts
  • Networking and business introductions
  • Helping with Fundraising
  • IT services
  • Accountant matters
  • Booking meetings/ conferences
  • Providing Translators
  • Travel Arrangements
  • Restaurant/ bar reservations
  • Exclusive benefits (VIP venue access etc.)
  • Source and book tickets for events
  • Bespoke services and more

Why does your company need to use the services of a business concierge company?

Employers benefit from saving time, stress reduction, and improved engagement because they save money and increase productivity with their employees and suppliers. Companies may rest easy knowing that The One World will minimise stress, keeping employees happy and productive while improving the company and helping them thrive.

Can business concierge services increase productivity?

The One World cannot only benefit you as the owner of your company but also your employees:

- The One World can assist your employees with their travel arrangements, including booking flights, hiring vehicles to pick them up, and reserving hotel rooms for business visits. This saves them time from having to look for these on their own. It also guarantees that your employees have the finest advantages when travelling, resulting in a good experience that encourages them to return on another work trip for you.

- The One World can help you locate the appropriate rewards to thank your staff for their hard work. They have covered you from theatre tickets to high-end restaurant tables, spa getaways, and more. Their help with these incentives will demonstrate to your staff that you care about them and appreciate their hard work.

Showing your appreciation for your employees by hiring a concierge service to guarantee they receive the greatest assistance and rewards can increase productivity. Increasing your team's morale is a certain strategy to keep them pleased and working hard for the long term.

What type of visa do I need to come to the UK if I have a company?

The UK business visitor visa permits non-EEA citizens to come to the UK to engage in specific business activities. A variety of business visas are available for travel to the United Kingdom although the business visitor visa comes under the normal visitor visa category. This implies that you are permitted to visit the United Kingdom for a limited amount of time, generally no more than six months, to engage in a variety of business-related tasks.

However, there are a variety of business visas available, based on your company and the sort of work you need to do in the UK. On the website, you can find all of these types. You can use them to conduct your research to determine which visa you need to apply for, or you can get help from the immigration office, your lawyer, or whomever else may have the answers you seek. Some of these visas are:

  • UK Standard Visitor Visa for Businesspersons.
  • UK Innovator Visa.
  • UK Start-Up Visa.
  • UK Exceptional Talent visa (Tier 1)
  • UK Graduate Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1)
  • UK Investor visa (Tier 1)
  • Global Business Mobility visa, and more

Can I send an employee from my parent company to work in the UK?

Yes, they can, but there are a few things you must do first before they can travel to the UK. The primary UK immigration route for non-UK resident employees is the Skilled Worker visa, which has superseded the Tier 2 (General) visa. Individuals who get 70 points by satisfying specified conditions such as skill and salary level, English language proficiency, and a valid work offer from a UK sponsor are eligible for the visa. The Skilled Worker visa allows spouses, "durable" partners, and dependent children to join the primary visa application in the United Kingdom, and it also provides a path to settlement and Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Can I come to the UK to manage my UK company?

Yes, you can, there are a couple of visas you can apply for that will grant you residency within the UK after a while. One of those is the global business mobility visa. This visa permits a company's top employee or director  to travel to the UK from another country to start or develop their business. It's a visa category that's solely available to those who aren't from the EU/EEA or Switzerland. After 5 years in the UK, you can apply for indefinite permission to stay (ILR) with this visa. The visa is valid for three years, however it can be extended for another two years.